E.Q. Development Day
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is a key component of building effective relationships and supporting our own ability to make balanced and considered decisions as well as supporting our own coping mechanisms. Having the ability to understand our emotions and those of others around us means we can make choices on how we react, regulate or respond to other's. This is a professionally facilitated day to support an individual's understanding of emotional intelligence and how it can impact their life and the performance of the business. At the end of this one day training course individual's will be able to;
- Define the qualities of great leaders
- Understand and be able to describe emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Appreciate how EQ impacts the way they work and live
- Understand their own EQ strengths
- Develop a plan to develop their EQ
How would your team to describe you?
We have all worked with great leaders who never seem to let their emotions get out off control no matter what problems they are facing. Or those that always make time for their team, listens intently to their concerns, is approachable and the team trust them. Or those that no matter what is going on around them always make careful and informed decisions. These are all leaders using their EQ strengths to perform at their best.
We've all probably worked for the leader who doesn't control their emotions and shout when they are feeling under pressure. Or never have time to really listen to their team. Or appear to make rash decisions that make little sense.
"I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.” — Indira Gandhi
I can help your Leaders develop their EQ skills
A Leader who knows what their own emotions mean, understands what they are feeling and can adjust them as required to perform at their best is Leader with a high degree of EQ.
How does it work?
A guide to the process;
- Initial consultation to discuss the needs of the business
- Minimum 6 delegates.
- Before the training day - All attendees complete online EQ profiling
- Training day - topics covered
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Discuss the 5 core areas;
- Interpersonal Skills
- Decision Making
- Stress Management
- Discuss how EQ impacts personal performance
- Discuss how EQ impacts the running of the business
After the course
- Individual 30-60 minute debrief session of your EQ-i 2.0 report.
- Discuss report
- Agree next steps of development
- One to one coaching to support continued development areas
- 360 feedback on EQ skills.
If you are prepared to invest in the future of your leaders and your business…,let's talk about how I can support your Leaders developing their EQ and Leadership skills.