What is team coaching?
Few businesses have much experience of team coaching as it is a relatively new coaching concept built on team development through consultancy, business and executive coaching techniques and learning from high performance sport of professional teams.
Most businesses do have a lot of experience of managing and leading teams and how complex this can be in an ever changing and challenging world.
How can I help your team to improve their performance?
Imagine a sports team, they practise, practise, practise in real time to get the results they need with lots of reflection on performance and discussion about how they can improve as a team not just as individuals. They don’t have one meeting, perform and win, they need constant real time input and coaching. They require feedback on their performance as individuals and as a team, sharing and building interpersonal relationships so that the team can deliver its results. Why would it be any different in business?
As your team coach I can bring real time input and coaching so your team can reflect, discuss and develop how they can work together more collaboratively and effectively to deliver the results they have agreed and aligned with the business objectives.
How does it work?
Team Coaching is an emergent process. I work alongside your team to develop team collaboration, define the team goal to improve team performance and development over a period of 6 - 9 months. Evidence has shown that lack of collaboration is one of the top 5 reasons companies waste time and resources. This is a bespoke service designed to fit with the needs of your team and the organisation, a guide to the process is;
- Initial consultation(s) with the team leader and /or sponsor to clarify the team objectives in line with the needs of the business.
- 1:1 session with each individual team member to clarify personal objectives
- 4 – 6 workshops over a 6 – 9 month period
- Workshop 1 – ‘launch’ event for the team to establish their own development plan. Off-site.
- Workshops 2+ approximately 6 – 8 weeks apart to continually support the development of the team during the process. To review, reflect and embed new ways of working.
- 1:1 coaching for team leader to support their development
- Review the progress throughout to support evolvement.
- Individual and Team psychometrics
- 1:1 coaching for individual team members
If you are prepared to invest in the future development of your team and business, they have the commitment, energy and are ready to have some creative, reflective and challenging conversations get in touch…let's talk about how I can support you to reach your business goals.